1. Read the whole book before giving your booktalk.
2. Keep it short! Great booktalks are usually only about 1 minute long.
3. Open Strong! You might start your booktalk by asking a question or giving your thoughts about a character you loved.
4. Find a hook! Grab your audience by telling one exciting part.
5. Don't give away the ending! Think of this like its a movie trailer. End with a cliffhager.
6. Compare it other books your audience may have read.
7. Rate your book! Remember, if the book isn't 4 or 5 stars, it's probably not worth recommending.