The Course Selection window for students in grades 9, 10 and 11 is open until 2/17/17. To enter course requests:
- Using the Course of Studies as your guide for course selection, go to the Salem District website, www.sau57.org.
- Click: Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Enter the username and password you have been assigned here at SHS when you access your files and the network on our SHS computers. Typically, your username is the first two letters of your first name followed by your last name.
- Your portal account page should open. For reference, you may review courses you have previously taken under “Academic Plan”.
- To request courses for next year, click on Registration 17-18 along the left hand side of the screen.
- Click on course search on the right side of the screen.
- Type the course name or course number and then click Go. You may choose to look at the listing of courses. Select the course from the list. After the course description, click on request course. You MUST select 32 units (8 Credits) of requested courses to have a complete schedule.
- Quarter courses = 2 units/0.5 Credits,
- Semester courses = 4 units/1 Credit,
- Year-long courses = 8 units/2 Credits
- In addition, you MUST select a minimum of 8 units (2 Credits) of alternate courses by clicking request as alternate course. These should be courses you are interested in taking if your primary elective choices are not available.
- When you have finished registering for your courses, click Sign out in the upper right corner. A warning message will pop up. Click OK.
Please note: Your school counselor will schedule a time in the coming weeks to meet with you to review your course choices for next year. You may enter your requests prior to this meeting.