At Salem High School, we value:
1. Comprehensive education, with rigorous academic, arts, and career and technical education (CTE) programs
2. A shared responsibility between the school, students, families, and community as it pertains to student learning
3. A safe school environment that is conducive to learning
1. All students have the ability to learn
2. Students are individuals
3. Students and staff deserve mutual respect
4. Students must have access to a variety of educational experiences, career guidance, and extracurricular activities
5. Students must be prepared for college, career, and citizenship
6. That open communication among staff, students, and parents is important to a successful school community
7. That staff and student feedback is valuable
Students will be able to effectively:
2. Write for a variety of purposes and audiences.
3. Create and deliver an effective presentation.
4. Read, analyze and apply information from a variety of written and other sources.
5. Apply self-management skills as respectful, active learners.
6. Collaborate with staff and other students.
7. Understand the responsibilities and benefits of citizenship and community.
9/27/2012 - faculty voted to approve - passed
10/2012 - School Board voted to approve
The Core Values, Beliefs and Learning Expectations are regularly reviewed and revised as needed.
Feedback is solicited through surveys from all stakeholders (parents, staff and students) at the following times:
Following the surveys, the Core Values, Beliefs and Learning Expectations Committee meets to review the survey data, SCS data, district priorities, and current research to determine if further action is warranted.