Eric Dolphy (Dolphy was known to
play two saxes at the same time!!)
Pink Panther - Original Tenor Sax by Plas Johnson
Yakety Sax - Tenor Sax by Boots Randolph
Tequila– The Champs
Waiting on a Friend (Rolling Stones, Sonny Rollins, sax
Still Crazy (Paul Simon, Michael Brecker sax solo)
Pamela Anderson Jennifer Garner
Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails
Getting a good sound:
• The reed should be centered squarely on the mouthpiece
• The tip of the reed should be level with the tip of the mouthpiece
• You may find adjusting the ligature slightly up or down improves the air movement through the reed.
• Draw the lower lip back over the teeth
• Rest the reed lightly on the lower lip
• Make sure the jaw muscles are relaxed
• The upper teeth rest gently on the mouthpiece - without biting!
The face should be thought of as a syllable of Poh, P O H, with a cushioned lower lip, corners firm but not taut, and a bunched chin.
www.free-scores.com (free music!)
www.8notes.com (free music!)
www.last.fm/tag/saxophone (saxophone radio on Last FM…cool)
www.music-scores.com/altosax/composer.php (free music!)
Q:What is the difference between Kenny G and a machine gun?
A:The machine gun repeats only 10 times per second.
Q:Why did the lead alto player play so many wrong notes?
A:Because he kept ignoring the key signature-- he thought it was a suggestion.
Q:What's the difference between a lawnmower and a tenor sax?
A:1. Lawnmowers sound better in small ensembles. 2. You can tune a lawnmower. 3. The neighbors are upset if you borrow a lawnmower and don't return it. 4. The grip.
Q:What are trumpets made out of?
A:Leftover saxophone parts.
Q:What is the difference between a saxophone and a trampoline?
A:You take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline.