Haydn’s Trumpet Concerto
Hummel's Trumpet Concerto
Throne Room (Fanfare from Star Wars IV A New Hope)
Chicago (anything they wrote before 1982)
Tower of Power
Johann Sebastian Bach’s Brandenberg Concerto No. 2
How to sound amazing on trumpet:
• Pretend there is a really sour lemon candy in your mouth. Notice how your lips scrunch together? Without using the trumpet yet, pucker your lips as if you've just tasted something really sour.
• Keeping your lips in the same puckered position, try blowing air through your mouth piece ONLY. Be sure not to puff your cheeks out. You should hear a buzzing sound come out. That's good. Try to keep the sound constant until you run out of breath. After you can hold the pitch steady, try to make the note go higher or lower.
• Using only the mouthpiece, play Happy Birthday, America, or Twinkle.
• Attach the trumpet to the mouthpiece and aim your air through the entire horn. Focus your air like you are using the trumpet as a hose and you need to blow out a small fire across the room. Hold your note (pitch) steady!
• Avoid puffing your cheeks and try this in a mirror so you can see yourself.
• To make a higher note, make your lips a little tighter and keep your air stream constant. Try not to jam the trumpet into your face to reach those higher notes.
• To make a lower note, make your lips a little looser, still keeping the buzzing feeling on your lips in place. If you make your lips too loose, your lips will not vibrate and only air will come out of your horn. If you're having trouble with the lower notes, try an even deeper breath and more air.
Q:What's the difference between a trumpet player and the rear end of a horse?
A: I don't know either.
Q:What's the difference between trumpet players and government bonds?
A:Government bonds eventually mature and earn money.
Q:What's the difference between a trumpet and a chain saw?
A.Vibrato, though you can minimize this difference by holding the chain saw very still.
Q: What is a gentleman?
A:Somebody who knows how to play the trumpet, but doesn't.
Q:How many trumpets does it take to change a light bulb?
A:Just one, but he'll do it too loudly.
Q:Why can't gorillas play trumpet?
A. Gorillas are too sensitive.
Q:How to trumpet players traditionally greet each other?
A: "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm better than you."
Q:Why did the chicken cross the road?
A:To get away from the trumpet players.
4 trumpet players are in a minivan. The minivan goes off a cliff. What's the tragedy in this? You can fit 8 trumpet players in a minivan.
Three famous trumpet players are up in an airplane. One of them says, "I'll throw out a 100 dollar bill and make someone very happy." The one next to him says, "I'll throw out two 50 dollar bills, and make two people very happy." The other one said, "I'll throw five 20's out the door, and make five people happy." The pilot, who was their conductor, said, "Why don't all three of you jump, and make the whole band happy?"