Module 1: Place Value and Decimal Fractions
Module 2: Multi- Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations
Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimal Fractions
Module 5: Addition and Multiplication with Volume and Area
Module 6: Problem Solving with the Coordinate Plane
Our six Eureka modules are supplemented by Common Core aligned content on ST Math to help students with their spatial-temporal understanding of mathematical concepts.
1. Interpretation Book Clubs: Analyzing Themes
2. Tackling Complexity: Moving Up Levels of Non- Fiction
3. Argument & Advocacy: Researching Debatable Issues
4. Reading Like a Fan
5. Fantasy Book Clubs: The Magic of Themes and Symbols
**Notice & Note reading strategies for both Fiction and Nonfiction will be taught throughout the first trimester.
Grammar / Word Study - integrated through our reading & writing units as well as our Patterns of Power curriculum, we focus on prefixes, suffixes, root words and grammar conventions.
1. Narrative Craft
2. The Lense of History: Research Reports
3. Research- Based Argument Essay
5. Exploring Fantasy Writing
Ecosystem Restoration Unit