Classes will begin at 5:00 pm, unless otherwise noted.
Salem High School School for Continuing Education
- I understand that previously earned high school and post-secondary credentials will be placed on my Salem Adult High School Diploma (AHSD) transcript along with credits earned in the program.
- I understand that as an In-School Dual Enrollment student, credits earned in the AHSD Program wil be reported to my high school.
- All students must pay the entire balance at the time of registration, unless a payment plan is put in place
- All outstanding financial obligations must be paid before a student can graduate, register for another class, or receive credit or a transcript. This also pertains to students who are dually-enrolled at SHS.
- No refunds will be given after the start of class or if a student is removed from a class for any reason.
- It is expected that students will attend all classes and complete all projects. We understand that emergencies do arise and they will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the Director.
- Missing class may result in being withdrawn from the course. Leaving early without permission will constitute a full absence. Being asked to leave the class will result in a full absence.
- Students who are suspended from their day program will need permission from their Dean to attend evening classes. Students who receive a Level 3 or 4 suspension from day school will not be allowed to attend classes until the suspension is completed.
- Students are responsible for all missed work. Work may be made up for credit.
- Administrative withdrawal from a class for attendance reasons is at the discretion of the Director after conferring with the teacher and student.
- Students are expected to obey the rules and policies of Salem High School. At no time is smoking or vaping allowed anywhere on school property.
- Students who demonstrate disrespect for others or property are subject to discipline. Swearing, bullying, physical or verbal altercations or harassment will not be tolerated at any time.
- Students will be asked to put their cell phones out of sight or in the office during class time. This policy will be strictly enforced by classroom teachers and office staff.
- Students who are suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be immediately removed from the classroom.