Standard Zoom Meetings
Enter your Meeting ID and your real name (so the teacher knows it's you) then click the big blue "Join" button.
When you enter a meeting...
Your first default view may be speaker view, where the person speaking is highlighted and others in the meeting are smaller.
Clicking the "Gallery View" in the top right corner will show all participants at the same size.
In one-on-one meetings, you'll see a view of just your teacher.
Initial meeting settings...
Your teacher will set your initial settings, but look in the lower right corner to find your microphone and video settings. Click either to toggle audio and video on or off. These use your computer's camera just above the screen and the built in audio -- unless you have other camera or microphone devices attached.
If necessary, "unmute" your microphone and "start video" (webcam)...
- In the bottom left corner, click the icons to Unmute and Start Video.
- Now the class/teacher will be able to see and hear you.
- Ask a question
Before speaking, it is requested that you "Raise Your Hand to Speak".
- Select "Participants" at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the "Raise Hand" button at the bottom of the right hand panel that appears.
- A blue hand will appear next to the names of the participants waiting to speak.
- Click the "Lower Hand" button if you do not need to ask a question/speak.
You can type a private message/question to the teacher.
- Select the "Chat" icon in the bottom toolbar.
- Type your message.
- Leave A Meeting
When your meeting has ended, click the red "Leave Meeting" in the bottom right of the toolbar.